Modern project finance transactions require a high level of expertise in building financial models which are reliable and flexible to accommodate the changing requirements occurring during the life of a project. This 5 days course covers both project finance and financial modelling best practices.
The first 3 days of the programme provide project financing skills you can immediately use upon return to your workplace. You will learn demonstrated analytical strategies to assess the degree of risk and benefits of specific project financing, along with the elements of the day-to-day business and operational aspects. This programme is also designed to enhance the checklists and benchmark metrics by which you can reduce losses and which will be viewed favourably by both management and the regulatory community.
The last 2 days of the programme cover financial modelling techniques, including how to model the role of debt, debt covenants, cash waterfalls, inter-creditor relations, restructuring and rescheduling of debt, how to model risk, and the role of equity and its rewards. In the course of the 2 days, you will build and evaluate a range of project finance models, covering projects as diverse as conventional and renewable energy investments, mines and private hospitals. You will overcome the most complex aspects of building a reliable model, including uncertainty, currency and timescale mismatches, debt amortisation, depreciation, control account waterfall, cost structures, and the ability to easily shift time scales, as well as the ability to identify and control key sensitivities through spreadsheet simulation.
Register now and save more! Visit event website for more details.
• Financing strategies and methods
• Project finance analysis
• How to negotiate the best interest rates
• Tips to approach banks and equity providers for project finance
• Mitigate project risks
• Build cash flow cascades to forecast debt capacity and investor returns
• Apply project finance techniques in specific industrial sectors in an African context
• Best practice in financial modelling
• How to make highly accurate assumptions
• Different model types for projects (oil, gas, power, renewables, mining, transport etc.)
• How to build a reliable financial model from scratch using Excel
• Best way to present models to investors
• Understand government policies that may hinder project finance in different countries
• How to manage good relationship with stakeholders & government bodies